Application Deadline: April 30th 2021
The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL), a West African international Climate Change Institution has launched a new scholarship scheme for students from all ECOWAS states who want to pursue International Master’s Degree in Energy and Green Hydrogen Technology.
The 24-months’ programme, to be run in partnership with Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH and RWTH Aachen University, Germany, with funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany (BMBF) seeks to prepare and train a new generation of interdisciplinary professionals capable of proposing adapted solutions to the ongoing energy crisis in West Africa.
The programme will also provide training on state-of-the-art tools used in renewable energy, green hydrogen technology and policy with the view of training adequate human resources to boost the sector of energy technology and guide policy formulation across West Africa with special focus on green hydrogen technology.
- The scholarship package includes full funding, roundtrip tickets and accommodation, allowances, and travel to selected West African countries as well as to Germany.
The programme consists of four specializations and would be run in lead universities in Togo, where University of Lomé will run Bioenergy/biofuels and Green Hydrogen Technology; University of Felix Houphouet Boigny, Ivory Coast will host Green Hydrogen Production and Technology/Georesources (Wind/Water) and Hydrogen Technology; University of Abdou Moumouni, Niger will hostPhotovoltaic and System Analysis for Green Hydrogen Technologies, and University of Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal, will host Economics/policies/Infrastructures and Green Hydrogen Technology.
The novel programme is designed for students with background in Physics, Biochemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Statistics, or related areas.
FIELDS OF STUDY & LEAD UNIVERSITIES (click on the field of study for details)
- Green Hydrogen Production and Technology / Georesources (Wind/Water) and GREEN Hydrogen Technology – Université Felix Houphouet Boigny, Cote d’Ivoire
- Bioenergy / Biofuels and Green Hydrogen Technology – Université de Lomé, Togo
- Economics / policies/Infrastructures and Green hydrogen technology – Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar, Senegal
- Photovoltaic and System Analysis for Green Hydrogen Technologies – Université Abdou Moumouni, Niger
For More Information: