Application Deadline: April 1st 2015
The Aga Khan Foundation, in collaboration with the UCL Institute of Education (IOE), is pleased to invite applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, awarded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom.
The Scholarships are open to prospective students from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda wishing to undertake the UCL Institute of Education’s MA in Education and International Development, MA in Educational Planning, Economics and International Development, MA in Education, Health Promotion and International Development or MA in Education, Gender and International Development beginning in October 2015.
- A degree course from a recognised university in education, economics, development or related studies – minimum 2nd Upper Class
- Prospective students must be citizens and residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda
- Relevant experience in a developing country context
- Experience in contributing to change at the national and/or international levels
- Must be proficient in English language (shortlisted applicants may be required to take an English language proficiency exam)
- The Scholarship is for 2 years of part-time distance study.
- Students will spend the first year and one term studying on-line followed by a three-month period of study at the IOE in London (January to March 2017) and a period to complete their dissertations in their home countries.
- The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees for the course, travel and living expenses for the period of study in London.
How to Apply:
For more information please contact:
Aga Khan Foundation
East Africa Regional Office
P.O. Box 40898-00100
General Mathenge Drive, Westlands
Tel: +254-41-2005358 | 2002879 | Mobile +254 724 256 640
Email: [email protected]
For More Information: