Application Deadline: 23 March 2015 (9:00 am CET)
When: 18 to 29 June 2015
Where: Upper Middle Rhine Valley World Heritage site and in Bonn
Whom: Young heritage experts from around the world from 20 to 30 years old
As part of the 39th session of the World Heritage Committee the German Commission for UNESCO – as cooperation partner of the Federal Foreign Office –and the State of Rhineland-Palatinate organize the Young Experts Forum 2015 – in cooperation with the NGO European Heritage Volunteers. The Forum is part of the World Heritage Education Programme of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and is financed by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
Prior to the 39th session of the World Heritage Committee, a Young Experts Forum will be held from 18 to 29 June 2015 in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley World Heritage site and in Bonn, former capital of Germany. Young heritage experts from around the world from 20 to 30 years old will exchange ideas and provide input to the theme of this year’s Forum Towards a Sustainable Management of World Heritage Site
- aged from 20 to 30;
- fluent in English (Please note: No interpretation will be provided. The programme will take place in English only);
- citizens of one of the 21 States Parties of the current World Heritage Committee (Algeria, Colombia, Croatia, Finland, Germany, India, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Senegal, Serbia, Turkey, Viet Nam) and of Brazil, Cambodia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Mexico, Myanmar, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Tunisia and Ukraine;
- involved in heritage related fields such as World Heritage Studies, (Landscape) Architecture, Urban Planning, Archaeology, Art History, Museology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, International Politics, Geography, Tourism: students; researchers; activists; young professionals in NGOs, associations, cultural and natural organizations, museums, at heritage sites, committed to bring in their own expertise;
- motivated to be engaged in a network of young experts of World Heritage and eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries.
The attendance during the full length of the event (arrival 17 June, departure 30 June 2015) is mandatory.
Participants should be committed to invest time to prepare and follow up the Forum.
- The host country will take care of all flight arrangements and cover the travel costs (economy class) as well as board and lodging during the stay in Germany (including visa fees, where applicable) for all participants.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 20 April 2015 at the latest.
How to Apply:
Young experts who fit the above profile and who are motivated to participate actively in the Young Experts Forum are invited to
- Fill out the application form in English consisting of:
- a communication about their motivations, experiences and projects related to World Heritage/ sustainability
- and a short CV (2 pages max.)
Please send the PDF application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 March 2015 (9:00 am CET) at the latest.
For More Information: