Application Deadline: November 30 2014
This programme enables students to obtain a post-graduate university degree, a Master’s or LL.M degree. The aim of the Civil Society Leadership Award programme is to improve the situation of the humanities and social sciences in teaching and research in the above countries and to develop a network of German scientists and scientists from these countries, which can lead to further international contacts.
- Excellently-qualified graduates and students who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diplom or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- Eligible Countries: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ethiopia, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
What is supported?
Funding is provided for the completion of one of the following Master’s or Magister degree programmes at a state or state-recognised university in Germany:
- Universität Kassel – Global Political Economy,
- Universität Osnabrück – Politikwissenschaft: Demokratisches Regieren und Zivilgesellschaft,
- Universität Freiburg – Environmental Governance,
- Universität Trier – Economics,
- Universität Konstanz – Master’s Programme in Economics,
- Universität des Saarlandes – Europäisches und Internationales Recht
- Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt – Master Internationale Beziehungen
- Konstanz University: Economics
- University of Trier: Economics
- University of Kassel: Global Political Economy
- University of Saarland: European and International Law
- Catholic University of Eichstätt- Ingolstadt: International Relations
- University of Freiburg: Environmental Governance
- University of Osnabrück: Democratic Governance and Civil Society
Duration of funding
The duration of funding depends on the standard period of study of the Master’s or Magister degree course, however it is for a maximum of 24 months.
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Where necessary and required, payment for a language course (2 or 4 months)
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. 500 euros per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
For More Information: