Application Deadline: 9 December 2014 at 23:50 Japan Time (GMT+9)
When: Sunday 1th March 2015 ～ Sunday 8th March 2015
Where: Youth Education National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Tokyo
Whom: Any nationalities are eligible for IDYF2015.
Cost: PY 30,000 (USD 280 as of 1st November) (covering Foods and Dormitory during the forum/NOT Including the Optional tour)
Since 2013, International Development Youth Forum is held annually, and youth with high ambition for international development get together from all over the world.
According to the United Nations, 1 out of 9 people in the world suffer from malnutrition as of 2014. Hunger is a serious problem that threats human life, which early settlement is highly desired. The aid of the “developed countries” has played a great role in the eradication of hunger so far.
However, nowadays those countries also carry many issues such as population decline, environmental problems, social security problems and energy issues, and may not be able to carry on helping out the reduction of hunger in other countries. Taking into account such severe situation that we are in, we believe that the key to sustainable and future-minded solution is to find a win-win solution.
The International Development Youth Forum aims to achieve the “win” of solving the issue of hunger, as well as searching to achieve other “win”. Let us challenge this task by putting together the flexible minds of youth all over the world.
Youth from around the world are eligible to apply;
Youth from 18 and 28 years old
Any nationality are welcome
- JPY 30,000 (USD 280 as of November 1st )
Including Food and Dormitory during the forum
Not Including the Optional tour
- Financial support is available for youth participants from developing countriesThere are two kinds of scholarships for youth with high potential from developing countriesFully Funded Scholarship covering Participation fee and Flight expense
Exemption of Participation fee (not covering Flight expense)
Register your personal information and essay The theme of your essays are as follows:
- Why do you want to participate in IDYF2015? (100 -150 words)
- How can you contribute to IDYF2015? (100-150 words)
- Explain one problem in the field of development you are most concerned in and why you are interested in it. (150 -250 words)
- Propose a solution for hunger (you must identify one cause of hunger in your answer). (150-250 words)
- Note: If selected, your essay may be open to all other Participants of IDYF2015.Online Interviews if necessary (To be Announced)
If you have any question, e-mail:
International Development Youth Forum 2015
Mr. Yuki Inoue, Ms. Anna Sakakibara
E-Mail: [email protected]
For More Information: