Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 13th 2015.
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE). The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
These Scholarships are offered only for study/research projects at higher education Institutions
within the Italian State Education and Research system (State Institutions and research centers, or legally recognized by the competent State authority). The list of these Institutions is on the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) webpage: http://www.istruzione.it/web/universita/home
It is NOT allowed to apply for study/ research projects at:
- foreign institutions (such as universities, academies, libraries, schools of any kind) even if they operate in Italy;
- Centers or research laboratories not legally recognized by the competent State authority
Courses for which it is possible to apply for a scholarship and required qualifications
No scholarships are offered for:
- Single university course
- Research project
- Undergraduate University courses, except for renewals
- A certain number of scholarships (named IRE scholarships) is available for Italian citizens resident abroad only for the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Scholarship duration and time frame
- The scholarship duration can be three,six, or nine months.
- Only for Courses for teachers of Italian language the scholarship duration is one month.
Time frame: January 1st- December 31st 2016.
A ccording to the Agreement between Italy and Libya, the scholarship duration for Libyan citizens will be 12 months, starting from October 1st 2015
- Italian language proficiency is a determining factor in being accepted for study in Italy and for being awarded a bursary. A B2 level “Certificate of Italian as a foreign language” must be submitted. Many Italian Cultural Institutes around the world offer Italian language courses and have language proficiency testing facilities.
Age limits: candidates who are younger than 18 y. o. or older than 35 y. o. on the day of thedeadline for the submission of the applications ( 13-05-2015), are not eligible.
Applications – How to apply:All applicants must fill in the on-line application form at “Borse on Line” at http://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/stranieri/opportunita/borsestudio_stranieri.htmlDeadline for all applications:Application forms must be submitted online by 00:00 am(Italian time) on Wednesday, May 13th 2015. Applicants will be notified via email of thereception of their application.For More Information: