Application Deadline: July 30th 2015
Application is Free.
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme, 2015 is an initiative of the Young Business Leaders of Nigeria aimed at promoting Entrepreneurship by providing Business education, training, financial support and mentoring to young Nigerians across Nigeria.
The Young Business Leaders of Nigeria is a Network of “Young Business Leaders” established to evolve creative methods of solving the unemployment crisis in Nigeria. Presently, over forty million Nigerians (40,000,000) of employable age are unemployed. This figure represents almost a third of Nigeria growing Population.
The Intention is for them to employ a minimum of 4 people each before December 2016
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs programme is an 8-weeks long residential entrepreneurship training and development programme that would select and train a growing cohort of young people with viable business ideas.
- This year, 30 promising and aspiring entrepreneurs would partake in the programme and would get the opportunities to start their own business.
Participants would be aged between 18 -35
Preference would be given to female applicants who must form 50% of selected participants – 50% Male , 50% Female
Preference would be given to applicants from northern nigeria (Region with the highest unemployment rate in Nigeria)
- Applicants would be judged on the strength of their ideas and visibility of their plans)
- Track Record or past achievement
- Display of Passion and Initiative
- Submission of a viable existing or proposed business idea/plan
- There would be no discrimination based on socio-economic class
- Basic Education (No Academic Qualification Required)
- At the end of the training, participants will be given the opportunity to apply for grants of up to One million Naira
In order to participate this year, applicants will simply fill out the application form online and submit their proposed business plan.
- The deadline for 2015 application: July 30, 2015. Applications received after July 30 will not be considered.
- Only completed applications will be considered. Do Not Leave Items Blank.
- Attach a current copy of your Business Plan.
- Attach a current copy of your Curriculum Vitae
For More Information: