Application Deadline: 10th July 2015
What: Master in Tropical Medicine and Global Health Residential Tutorship 2015
Where: PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY IVO DE CARNERI, PEMBA
When : 16 November – 4 December 2015.
From 16th November to 4th December 2015 the Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri in Pemba (Zanzibar, Tanzania) will host the training course in “Tropical Medicine and Global Health”, organized by Ivo de Carneri Foundation in partnership with University of Florence, University Hospital Meyer and Carlo Urbani Association.
The event is also part of the tutorship of the Italian Master in Tropical Medicine and Global health The course is addressed to health professionals (10 from Sub-Saharan Africa and 10 from Italy and other European countries). Scholarships are available for African students and for selected
The course venue is the Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri (PHL-IdC) in Pemba Island (Zanzibar,Tanzania), an advanced Scientific Institution equipped with modern equipment and training facilities.
This training stage is unique in the panorama of tropical diseases and international public health tra
ining. It is designed as a practical tool to provide health staff scientific knowledge and skills to tackle the great challenges which are affecting billion of people, e specially in developing countries.
The overall goal is to have an overlook of public health challenges, to understand the role of Public
Health Laboratory, and to have a first hand experience in health care in a low-resource country from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Twenty (20) participants are allowed to participate in the training. Ten (10) applications are reserved for participants from Italy and industrialised countries and other 10 posts are reserved for African applicants.
- For the 10 participants from industrialised countries, priority is given to trainees of the Italian Master in Tropical Medicine and Global Health.
required for admission Degree in Medicine, Biology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Diploma/Certificate in health-related subjects.
Good knowledge of written and spoken English, with excellent level of listening and comprehension
Cost: Euro 1.500
Cost of course includes: Tuition Fee, Full Board Accommodation, Transfer by charter flight from Zanzibar to Pemba, one day trip to Vumawimbi Beach through Ngezi Forest.
Cost of course not includes: international flight from the participant’s country of origin, Visa, airport taxes, insurance, personal expenses. A caution deposit of Euro 250 must be anticipated by the selected participants beneficiaries of full scholarship within 30th September 2015.
Full payment by the other participants is due before 30th September 2015
- The trainees of the Master of Tropical Medicine and Global Health will benefit from a partial scholarship and the tuition fee will be 500 Euros only. Two full board scholarships will be offered from AICU to two winners of the Carlo Urbani’s Award (only for candidates from Marche Health Institutions, for details see www.aicu.it).
- In addition, based on availability of sponsors,10 full scholarships will be offered to African applicants for coverage of all course’s expenses, except the international flight from the participant’s country of origin to Zanzibar, Visa, airport taxes,insurance, and personal expenses.
- In order to avoid late cancellation, a caution deposit of 250 Euros must be anticipated by candidates selected for full scholarships within 30th September 2015.
- The caution will be retained in case of cancellation after that date, or it will be refunded to the candidates with full scholarship at their arrival in Pemba.
How to Apply:
For More Information: