Application Deadline: 31st July 2016.
Dont miss the opportunity to fast-track the career of your dreams. Apply to the 2017 Barclays Rising Eagle Graduate Programme and spend a year laying the foundations for your future success.
Barclays is one of the world’s biggest financial service providers. Barclays has 140 000 people across Europe, America, Africa and Asia. Our services include personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, and investment management. Our proud tradition of innovation remains at the heart of our business today. But it is our ambition and the actions we’re taking to achieve them that truly sets us apart.
At Barclays Africa, we have three main business units from which you can learn, contribute and make an impact.
Through the guidance and mentoring of industry experts, you will build the skills and experience necessary to become a true leader through a programme that spans almost every part of the Barclays business and provides opportunities throughout the continent.
The programme will challenge and inspire fresh ideas in you and as you grow, you will realise your potential in our dynamic global organisation. This is why we are looking for Africa’s best minds.
What to expect from the Graduate Programme and beyond
- Development in leadership and self-management skills
- Development in client-centricity and related behavioural skills
- Development technical job-related skills
- Specific product knowledge
- Access to a global network of connected, professional and highly innovative thinkers
- Exposure to the most up-to-date operating systems
- Exposure to local and global markets, and to the financial industry as a whole.
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in any of the disciplines that we recruit from,
obtained before January 2017.
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies).
Accounting Training Programme
Final year studying towards BCom Accounting Hons, CTA, GDA or equivalent.
Currently completing studies that will exempt you from the Managerial Level at the end of the year application (2016).
Barclays Africa recruits graduates from each country in which it operates. You will need to be a citizen in the country where you are applying. If you are not a citizen of that country, you will need to ensure you are eligible to work in that country, as well as obtain the necessary work permits and/or documentation to allow you to work in that country (you will need to obtain these prior to your application).
Barclays offer opportunities in the following countries
- South Africa
Now that you have read what we can offer you, your next step is to take action and apply online.
- Decide which career path suits your ambitions, then apply online with full academic results/transcripts and your CV.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a telephonic or campus interview
- Should you be successful at the interview stage, you will need to complete an online psychometric assessment
- Success at the psychometric stage will progress you to the final stage – an assessment centre which will include a panel interview, group assessment and presentation
- All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application at every stage of the process.
For More Information: