Application Deadline: Thursday, Nov. 30th 2017 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
Now in its fourth year, the Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media is returning to Poynter’s campus in St. Petersburg, Florida, the week of March 18-23, 2018.
This transformative program, open to 28 participants, focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to rise to the highest levels of digital media leadership. Sessions will cover how to develop effective management styles, handle difficult situations, manage burnout, master negotiation tactics and build collaborative teams.
As in past years, the program will be structured to encourage open, candid discussion and mentoring. Participants will walk away with strong leadership skills and a built-in support system of peers. All attendees will receive one-on-one coaching during and after the program, and create personal leadership strategies designed to take their careers to the next level.
- Women working in the digital space with leadership responsibilities or demonstrated leadership potential.
- Poynter will select a group of 28 women working in digital media that represent need and diversity across race, geography, technology platforms, organization size and skill sets. Because of the small size of the class, the selection committee will give preference to women leaders currently working in digital media who can demonstrate an aptitude and potential for leadership through current projects and references.
- Tuition for the academy is free, thanks to the generous support of the McClatchy Foundation as well as funding from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Newmark Philanthropies. Participants will cover their own travel and accommodation costs. However, a limited number of travel stipends are available and will be determined once the application process is completed.
- Application requirements include previous work history, an example of a digital project the applicant has worked on, a short bio, a reference letter, and a photo of yourself.
- The application deadline is at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday, Nov. 30.
Email at [email protected].
For More Information: