Application Deadline:25th September 2015
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes volunteering among young professionals in all Member States of the African Union.
The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’.
It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1) Citizen of African Union Member State (All African countries except Morocco) or African Diaspora;
2) Aged between 18 and 33 years;
3) Have at least a post-secondary education certified training and qualifications, from the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Be proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Have at least one year verifiable experience as a volunteer and or one year of regular work experience Eligible Fields of Qualification For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and experience are required:
- Accounting > Agricultural > Communication Studies > Computer Science > Conflict studies > Diverse Natural Science Fields > Economics > Education > Environmental Management > Gender Studies > Human Resources Management > Human rights – International Law > International relations > Journalism > Law > Political Science > Space Science > Statistics
- For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training, at a venue to be communicated.
- On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- 1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- 2) A modest monthly stipend
- 3) Health insurance cover
- 4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to submit the following
1. Filled out application form
2. Scanned copy of University degree certificate
3. Letter of recommendation from place of volunteer/work experience
4. Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
5. Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form – Word Version in English
- Application Form – French Version
- African Union Volunteer Corps Business Plan
The listed documents should be sent before 25th September 2015 to : [email protected] .
*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered.
*THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE ARE REQUESTED TO RE-APPLY
1) 30th September: Shortlisting ;
2) 15th October: Successful applicants will be notified ;
3) 7th – 21st November: Successful candidates will undergo pre-deployment training;
4) 2016: Successful applicants will be deployed to relevant organizations.
For more information,
- Dr Beatrice Njenga (Head of Youth Division);
- Mr Daniel Adugna (AU-YVC program manager) at: [email protected]
For More Information: