Application Deadline: 8 p.m. EDT on June 22, 2016.
At the American Express Emerging Innovators Bootcamps, you’ll join a network of changemakers who are revolutionizing health care, education, food security, and more.
Apply for one of 100 spots at our leadership bootcamps, which will take place in five locations around the world this September and October. As an Emerging Innovator, you’ll receive industry insights, personalized feedback, direct connections to sector leaders, and ongoing support from a network of peers who are rising stars in social entrepreneurship
- Toronto BootCamp Canada – September 7-9, 2016
- New York Bootcamp USA – September 14 – 16 2016
- Dakar Bootcamp Senegal – October 5-7 2016
- Nairobi Bootcamp Kenya – October 12-14, 2016
- Mexico City Bootcamp Mexico- October 19 -21 2016
- Bootcamp applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years. Their most recent entrepreneurial (or intrapreneurial) projects must have launched within the last 5 years and demonstrate the potential for significant impact.
- Applications to the 2016 Emerging Innovators Bootcamps are open to all individuals (not-for-profit founders, social entrepreneurs, business intrapreneurs, etc.) in North America, Francophone West Africa, and East Africa. Eligible countries include Benin, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chad, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, and the United States.
- Entries must be written in English, French, or Spanish.
- For each location, the top 20 applicants (100 applicants in total) will receive an invitation to the Emerging Innovators Bootcamp in their respective region.
- The cost of meals, lodging, and activities during the Bootcamps will be underwritten for all participants. A partial travel award will be issued to participants outside city limits.
- Participants must be available and able to travel to these events in either September or October 2016. This includes having a valid passport if traveling in East or West Africa.
- Selected Emerging Innovators will also be featured in a trilingual media campaign designed to share their projects, insights, and best practices.
Top applicants to the Emerging Innovators Bootcamps are at an inflection point in their careers, and would benefit from inward reflection, expert guidance, and peer support. They should demonstrate the characteristics below:
- Innovation. Applicants should describe how their solutions are driven by original, ground-breaking ideas. The strongest applicants will present a unique and effective approach to solving critical social problems in their region.
- Social Impact. Applicants should have launched their initiative within the past 5 years—and should speak to initial impact results using both qualitative and quantitative data. The strongest applicants will demonstrate a tireless dedication to efficacy, as well as the potential to grow their impact on a national or international scale.
- Sustainability. Applicants should have a clear and feasible plan for reaching long-term goals. They should describe how they currently fund their work, as well as how they plan to grow it in the future, with a realistic timeframe for implementation.
- Leadership. Applicants should demonstrate courage, ethical fiber, resiliency, and empathy towards others.
How to Apply:
You must apply by 8 p.m. EDT on June 22, 2016, to be considered for this opportunity. Before applying, please make sure that you’re available to attend the Bootcamp in your region.
- Canada: Toronto, September 7-9
- United States: New York City, September 14-16
- Francophone West Africa: Dakar, Senegal, October 5-7
- East Africa: Nairobi, Kenya, October 12-14
- Mexico: Mexico City, October 19-21
Innovators must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years and located in Benin, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chad, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, or the United States.
The newest class of Emerging Innovators will be notified of their acceptance in July or August, 2016.
Apply Now for the Ashoka Changemakers Emerging Innovators Bootcamps 2016
If you have any questions about the application process, or if you experience any problems when submitting your application for the Emerging Innovators Bootcamps, please contact [email protected].
For More Information: