Application Deadline: February 22, 2018 – 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
CIFAR invites exceptional early career researchers to join CIFAR’s global network of 370 researchers from 18 countries who together are pursuing answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding, skills training, mentorship, and opportunities to collaborate with outstanding colleagues from diverse disciplines to position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
• $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support
• A two-year membership to a CIFAR research program, with outstanding research leaders from across disciplines.
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment.
- Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to the program. Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
In 2018, the eligible programs are:
- Engage in research that complements and contributes to the themes and goals of one of the eligible CIFAR research programs
- Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR
- Scholars receive $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support.
- The funds are administered through the scholar’s home institution and are intended to support his or her capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to: teaching release, student support, summer salary (where applicable), and research assistant salaries.
- CIFAR covers the cost of attendance at meetings of a CIFAR research program and the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars annual meeting.
All applications are submitted online and must include letters of reference. See detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.
The deadline for applications is February 22, 2018.