Application Deadline: 15 February 2022
The National Institute for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (NIHSS) and the South African BRICS Think Tank (SABTT) are pleased to invite suitably qualified researchers and postgraduate students in South African universities and research institutes to apply for the BRICS Research and Teaching Mobility Grants. The objective of the BRICS research and teaching initiative is to provide a platform for researchers and academics to exchange ideas and to generate evidence-based policy recommendations in the identified BRICS thematic areas.
The themes are:
- Promoting cooperation for economic growth and development.
- The maintaining of peace and security.
- Social justice, sustainable development and quality of life.
- Political and economic governance.
- Achieving progress by sharing knowledge and innovation.
- Only South African citizens are eligible to apply.
- Full-time post-graduate students must currently be registered for either a Masters or PhD/Doctoral programme in a South African public university.
- Academics and researchers based at another BRIC country must be invited by a South African based academic or researcher.
DURATION OF FUNDING
- The grant is awarded for a maximum period of twelve (12) months.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of scientific and technical merit.
- Applications should outline the framework for establishing long-term collaborations with BRICS-based researchers and institutions of choice.
- The proposal should promote equality and redress/capacity-building in the case the researcher applies for training of South African postgraduate students (Master’s and Doctoral).Only proposals not exceeding R300 000.00 will be considered.
- Application forms can be accessed at: https://gms.nihss.ac.za upon registration
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae/resume.
- A proposal detailing the aims, objectives, and intended outcomes, timeframes of the project and itemised budget – maximum of 1000 words.
- Work outline: a detailed outline of the proposed activities to operationalise the project, bearing in mind that the Grant is tenable for a maximum of twelve (12) months.
- Letter of recommendation from a host African university and the Dean (including the supervisor’s recommendation for post-graduate students) confirming the applicant’s aﬃliation and capacity to undertake the proposed activity in the event that the Grant is awarded.
- All applications will be reviewed.
Enquiries may be directed to Mr Senkhu Maimane at [email protected] or 011 480 2317.
For technical queries only, please call 011 480 2328
Call for Funding Extension of Submission Deadline: 15 February 2022 at 16:30
For More Information: