Application Deadline:March 21, 2017, at 5:00PM ET.
The best manufacturers in the world rely on a skilled workforce, quality materials, optimal processes, and reliable machines. When any of these start to fail, they create delays, costs overruns, waste, and anxiety on the shop floor.
That’s why GE is investing in the Brilliant Manufacturing Suite, powered by the Predix platform, to create software applications that can tell manufacturers how their plants are doing. GE’s solutions focus on empowering decision-makers through real-time visibility and deep operational intelligence. These solutions support insightful decisions with real-time quality and execution information and help balance plant production to improve product quality and profitability.
Now, GE Brilliant Hacks is challenging developers like you to build smart, connected Industrial Internet of Things apps that harness the power of the GE Brilliant Manufacturing data APIs and microservices. Build apps, product extensions, or data visualizations that provide deeper insight into the manufacturing process, enabling plant managers to predict, adapt, and react for maximum efficiency.
- Individuals, and teams of individuals, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
- Organizations that, at the time of entry, have been duly organized or incorporated and validly exist.
- The competition will welcome submitters from around the globe.
- However individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in a nation, state, province, or territory where U.S. or local law prohibits participating in the competition or receiving a prize. This includes individuals, who are residents of, and organizations domiciled in Brazil, China, Russia, Quebec, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Ideas Round: Submit your Idea by March 21, 2017, at 5:00PM ET.
- Build Round: The 30 highest-scoring submitters from the Ideas Round will receive access to hackathon-only GE Brilliant Predix accounts to build their solutions.
Build Round participants should build a working software application that calls at least one of the APIs from at least one of the Brilliant Manufacturing Suite Products:
Phase 1 – Up to thirty (30) Phase 1 Entries will be selected as finalists and will be invited to participate in Phase 2. The potential Phase 1 winners will be notified on or about March 2017.
There are up to five (5) Phase 2 awards, as defined herein:
GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Up to one (1) Entrant Submission will be selected as Competition Grand Prize winner.
The grand prize winning Entrant (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be awarded (1) a cash prize, (2) one admission to GE Transform 2017, Predix Developer Conference, (3) an opportunity to interact with Brilliant Manufacturing Development Staff; and (4) one Predix development seat subscription for a year (all defined further below).
Cash Prize – The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $20,000 USD cash prize
Admission to GE Transform 2017: The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) complementary registrations to Predix Transform 2017 Conference in Las Vegas, NV taking place July 11-12, 2017 including travel expenses as defined herein for one person per Grand Prize Winner (the “Admission”). The Admission will include the following:
- Admission to Predix Transform 2017
- Round-trip ground transportation from the Winner’s place of residence to the closest airport (“Grand Prize Winner Airport”);
- Round-trip coach airfare from Grand Prize Winner Airport to McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas, Nevada;
- Hotel accommodations for up to three (3) nights at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas or equivalent hotel in Las Vegas, NV (the “Hotel”);
- Round-trip transportation between the McCarran International Airport and the Hotel;
- Meals stipend of up to $50 per day per person from the time of arrival in Las Vegas, NV to the time of departure.
How to Enter:
- Register for the GE Brilliant Hacks hackathon on Devpost.
- Visit the Resources page to learn more about the Brilliant Manufacturing APIs and common manufacturing problems.
- Find a teammate (optional). Do you have UX chops, but need someone who can code? Are you a genius coder, but need some design flair? Join our competition-only Slack channel.
- Submit your Idea by March 21, 2017 at 5:00PM ET to be considered for the Build Round.
- The 30 highest-scoring ideas will be given access to a private, hackathon-only Predix environment during the Build Round.
- Build your submission & shoot your demo screencast video.
- Provide Devpost access to your submission for judging and testing. Here’s how to do that.
- Make sure your entry adheres to all the requirements and submit on BrilliantManufacturing.Devpost.com before 5pm ET on May 8, 2017.
GE Brilliant Hacks will run in two rounds:
Ideas Round (Feb. 21 – Mar. 21) Participants will submit their best app, extension, or data visualization ideas to solve manufacturing problems using the GE Brilliant Manufacturing Suite of APIs. The top 30 ideas will be selected to move on to the Build Round.
Build Round (Mar. 27 – May 8) The top 30 ideas from round one will receive access to a hackathon-only Predix environment to build their idea into a functioning solution.
For More Information: