Application Deadline: 1 December 2017 (24.00 CET).
The Talent for Governance programme of The Hague Academy for Local Governance grants talented civil servants from countries all over the world with the opportunity to come to the Hague, follow a two week training and subsequently do a one-week internship at a Dutch local government institution.
For the three programmes in 2018, The Hague Academy for Local Governance will select a limited number of young, talented and motivated civil servants working for a local government in one of the countries on the DAC country list for its Talent for Governance programmes.
An application is possible if you: work for a local government (not an NGO or private Enterprise. We focus on administrative staff, not elected officials. And although we acknowledge the great work of civil servants like school and university teachers, nurses, doctors, soldiers, police, civil servants at central and state government level they do not form the focal point of this training and internship programme (which takes place in a Dutch municipality), and therefore have no chance of being selected) ;
- work in one of the countries listed on the DAC country list;
- be 37 years of age or younger when you apply;
- have at least two years of work experience in local governance and prove your commitment work there for at least two years more;
- speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
- be able to write down and orally defend your motivation for the programme and its relevance to your own community;
- be able to identify an issue/project as a real-life case within the theme of the programme for which you will write a Back Home Action Plan during the talent programme;
- have written support of your employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back Home Action Plan when you return home.
The talent programme will be organised three times in 2018 and each programme will revolve around a different local governance theme. There will be just one application period.
To apply for the talent programme candidates need to choose one of the following programme themes. These themes are based on the topics of the training course at The Hague Academy which is part of the talent programme:
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance – Programme from 5th March 2018 to 22nd March 2018, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
- Local Service Delivery – Programme from 18th June to 5th July 2018, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
- Local Economic Development – Programme from 1st October to 18th October 2018, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
N.B. Please do not submit a separate application form for the specific training course of your choice through the website of the Hague Academy for Local Governance. To apply for the Talent Programme only the online application form of Talent for Governance will be considered!!
- The Talent for Governance programme is almost completely cost covering.
- The talent programme covers tuition, travel, accommodation and most living expenses in The Netherlands.
- The Hague Academy will select the travel arrangements and accommodation and about half of the costs of the living expenses which entail three meals a day, meaning breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For More Information: