Application Deadline: May 31st, 2023
The ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2023 has the topic « Sustainable Chemistry and Agriculture » !
The annual ISC3 Innovation Challenge is thematically oriented along a once-per-year selected focus topic. Start-ups globally are invited to contend for a total of 25,000 EUR in prize money with their innovative ideas that are revolving around the ongoing year’s focus topic.
They are assessed by a jury of international experts who score the Start-ups and choose the finalists. The finalists’ pitches and the award ceremony take place in autumn/winter.
- Eligible are all innovators and entrepreneurs, i.e., persons owning or representing the proposed innovation, employed by organisations including research institutes, start-ups, small-medium sized enterprises, or comparable institutions active in the development and realisation of sustainable chemistry solutions.
- Enterprises participating in the challenge shall have a staff headcount not exceeding 50 (full time equivalent) and an annual turnover of max. 10 million Euro.
- Enterprises majority-owned by large enterprises are not eligible for the award, except for innovations leading to the creation of independent spin-offs.Proposals submitted by innovators and entrepreneurs from developing countries and tackling challenges in developing countries are considered as particularly important.
- Female entrepreneurs are specifically encouraged to submit a proposal.
The proposals will be assessed against the three main criteria:
- Innovation level. Is the innovation unique, distinct, and truly original?
- Business viability. What is the market potential of the innovation?
- Sustainability. What is the sustainability impact of the innovation?
The winners are awarded money prizes in three categories:
- Best Social Impact for Start-ups that have a noteworthy impact on their community.
- Best Regional Impact for Start-ups with an innovative solution to solving an issue that is particularly relevant to their region.
- The overall Winner of our Innovation Challenge.
All the finalists receive a customized support of the ISC3 Global Start-up Service in form of pitch trainings and have the possibility to be featured as Start-up of the Month.
Five finalists will receive:
- Tailored support: access to Global Start-up Service Customised Support
- Visibility: promotion of your innovation via ISC3 communication channels
- Cash prizes: the overall Innovation Challenge Winner will receive a cash prize of 15,000 EUR.
- The two separate categories “Best Social Impact” and “Best Regional Impact » are endowed with cash prizes amounting to 5,000 EUR each.
Launch of the new 2023 Innovation Challenge: December 15th, 2022
Deadline for first stage submission: April 3rd, 2023, 23:59:59 CEST
Deadline for second stage submission: May 31st, 2023, 23:59:59 CEST
Jury Evaluation: June 1st – July 9th, 2023
Finalist announcements: after July 15th, 2023
Finalist pitch training: September 2023
For More Information: