Have you watched a video clip about internet safety and thought, “Hmm I can do better”? Here’s your chance.
We need you help to raise awareness among young people about internet safety. To do this you need to get creative and tell us your idea for a 30 second animated video that will get young people to pay attention and think about their safety as they surf the web.
We are asking you to come up with the IDEA (concept) for the video – and not the video itself.
You can capture your idea by writing it down or through film, photo,drawing, oreven song. We’re looking for creativity and originality– an idea that will catch the attention of those who see it.
One concept will be selected by a panel of judges from UNICEF, ITU and MasterCard.
The video will be promoted on UNICEF Voices of Youth and ITU Child Online Protection website and social media channels. We’re also going to use the winning video as part of our campaigns on internet safety.
All concepts need to be submitted by Monday 16 September. The winner will be announced on Monday 30 September .
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The competition is open to all young people aged 14-25.
- Concepts can be submitted in English, Spanish and French. There is nomonetary prize. The winning concept will be used by UNICEF to produce a 30 second animated awareness raising video.
- One concept will be selected by a panel of judges from UNICEF, ITU and Mastercard. The judges’ decision is final.
- The top 10 concepts will be featured on the Voices of Youth website and the BYND2015 Google+ community for a period of one week before the winner is selected.
- Concepts will be judged on originality, simplicity and suitability.
- The video will be available on UNICEF Voices of Youth and ITU Child Online Protection website and social media channels.
- The creator of the concept (the winner) will be credited for his/her role in developing the concept in the video description.
- The final sign-off on the actual animated video will be made by UNICEF.
- The creator of the concept (the winner) may be asked to be featured on the UNICEF Voices of Youth website and social media platforms.
- All video concepts must be submitted by 16 September 2013.
- All concepts need to be submitted via the BYND2015 Google+ community
- The winner will be contacted via their BYND2015 Google+ account.
- The winner will be announced on 30 September 2013