Application Deadline: March 31st, 2022.
The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have renewed their partnership on the 15th of September, 2021. This reiterates the commitment of both organisations to support exceptional talent from the MENA region, stressing the importance of international scholarships as a tool to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. It will support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a Master’s student from an Arab country to attend a Master’s programme at Leiden University.
Moreover, the scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official letter of acceptance into a one year Master’s programme at Leiden University. Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
The maximum amount of the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship is €30,000.
How to Apply
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English)
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University. In order to meet the March 31st deadline for the scholarship, applicants should apply to Leiden University no later than February 1st for the September intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University. Without a letter of acceptance from Leiden University, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation cannot consider applicants for a scholarship.
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- Budget: please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 30,000 for an academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated Application Form (the form can also be downloaded in the application portal).
All the documents above must be submitted to the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation by March 31st, 2022. Apply by clicking on the button below (make sure you already have all the requested documents ready to upload to the application portal).
For More Information: