Application Deadline: June 15th 2017
Funds channeled through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Orascom Construction (OC) launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it works. Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program, OC provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate students seeking to pursue their Bachelor’s degree in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt at prestigious universities in the United States.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
|GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates|
|iBT TOEFL: 100 or above [or equivalent]|
|Minimum SAT I Score|
|Old SAT (before May 2016)||New SAT (after May 2016)|
|Overall: 2100||Overall: 1450|
|Reading: 700||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730|
|Math: 700||Math: 730|
|SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above|
|Fields of Study: Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management.|
- Meet the above criteria
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2018
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants)
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree
- The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
- Application form
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & IBT TOEFL
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate
- Two recommendation letters
For Inquiries, please contact us at :
For More Information: