Application Deadline: February 29, 2016 (for Sept 2016 or January 2017 start date)
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships aim to activate a dynamic community of young global leaders across the Commonwealth to create lasting impacts both at home and abroad through inter-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry, and professional experiences.
Through this program, applications are invited from outstanding students from India or Commonwealth countries in Africa to undertake the M.Sc. degree in the Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
Applicants must propose a research project focused on forests and secure the commitment of a faculty member in the Faculty of Forestry at UBC willing to supervise the student
- Scholars must be 35 years of age or under at the time of application
- Scholars must be Commonwealth country citizens (but not Canadian). Anyone who has applied for Canadian citizenship or for permanent residency is not eligible
- Scholars must agree to return to their home country and sign a form to the effect as part of their acceptance of the award
- Scholars must meet Canadian university’s language requirements
- Scholars must participate in community engagement activities in Canada