Application Deadline: 13 March 2017
Seed Awards in Science help researchers develop novel ideas that will go on to form part of larger grant applications to the Wellcome Trust or elsewhere.
Seed Awards in Science help researchers develop new ideas to make them competitive for larger awards (from us or other organisations). We particularly encourage researchers:
- at the start of their independent careers
- who want to develop ideas outside their discipline or area of expertise.
These awards give scope for innovative methodologies and activities, such as:
- pilot and scoping studies
- preliminary data gathering
- proof-of-principle studies
- planning sessions
- collaborative network meetings.
To apply for a Seed Award in Science, you must:
- have completed a PhD or an equivalent higher degree
- be based at a host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or an eligible low- or middle-income country (apart from India)
- receive personal salary support from your host organisation, or have a personal award or fellowship that provides a salary but no research expenses, for the duration of the Seed Award in Science
- have a research project that is within our scientific remit.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the website.
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Rep. , Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Ghana , Guatemala , Honduras , India Indonesia, Kenya , Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, UK, Republic of Ireland.
For More Information: