Application Deadline:May 21st 2020
The Zayed Sustainability Prize, an evolution of the Zayed Future Energy Prize, is the UAE’s pioneering global award in sustainability and a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
Established in 2008, this annual award recognises and rewards the achievements of those who are driving impactful, innovative and inspiring sustainability solutions across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools.
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
(a) Board members and employees of Masdar; and
(b) Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
The evaluation of each submission to the Prize consists of a robust, three-tier process.
- 1. First StageA reputed international research and analysis consultancy firm conducts due diligence on all our submissions received. These independent consultants ensure that each entry meets the submission standards and then scores the entries against the criteria set out for the Zayed Sustainability Prize.
- 2. Second StageA Selection Committee, sub-divided per category by the member’s technical specialty and/or knowledge, evaluates and scores the shortlisted candidates. They then pass on the list of finalists for the final review stage.
- 3. Third StageThe Jury meets, in person, to deliberate the entries and elect the winner in each category. The final decision must be unanimous. The Jury members are typically comprised of former world leaders, UAE government ministers, leading international business people and, occasionally, high profile international celebrities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the Prize, the following steps will guide you through the submission process.
- 1PREPARATION: Before starting your application, it is advisable that you identify an award category most suited to your organisation. Reading the Frequently Asked Questions can offer more details to help you get started.
- 2CREATING AN ACCOUNT : The submission portal may be accessed here. To participate in the Zayed Sustainability Prize, you will need to create an account using your email address. After an account is created, you will receive an email to validate your email account. You must verify your email address before submitting your entry.You may also create an account using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
- 3COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: After you have created an account and verified your email address, please login to access the application form.To ease completion of the application, the form is divided into sections. You must complete ‘Account Information’ and ‘Category’ sections before proceeding.Complete the questions in the order presented.
- 4SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY: You will be guided through a series of questions and there will be opportunities to attach documents to support your submission. Please ensure you read carefully which file formats and file sizes are accepted. Non-supporting files or sizes cannot be uploaded, nor can they be sent separately (i.e. emailed) outside of the online portal’s upload options.You are not required to complete your application in one sitting. For your convenience, you may save your progress at any stage and return to complete it later (as long as this falls within the submissions phase).Please note: We will not be able to process your entry until you have provided all the required information and it is officially submitted via the online portal. Incomplete entries or registrations not converted into full submissions will not be counted as an official entry.
- 5ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR ENTRY: In acknowledgement of your submission, you should receive a confirmation email of its receipt. This will be in the form of a “no reply” email and no further correspondence will be entered into, unless the Prize administration team contacts you directly.
For More Information: