- During their four-and-a-half month residency from August 1, 2015, to mid-December 2015, at The Brookings Institution, Echidna scholars will work with the Center staff on developing their specific research project and may then work with the Brookings communications team to develop a strategy for policy impact.
- Echidna scholars will also participate in training and networking opportunities.
- Echidna scholars will draw on the resources of Brookings’ scholars, as well as the extended public policy community in Washington, D.C. by participating in additional meetings and conferences and networking with the broader development community.
- Applicants should have a background in education, development, economics, or a related area, with at least 15 years of professional experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; government; or business.
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. or research background strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and writing skills required.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct professional, in-depth research and deliver spoken presentations in English.
- Echidna scholars must be available for a full-time, on-site affiliation with The Brookings Institution for the entire four-and-a-half month residency of the program.
- Echidna scholars are required to conduct research on an approved topic.
- Echidna scholars may have the opportunity to present their papers at a Brookings seminar or event at the end of the four-and-a-half month program.
- Each Echidna scholar is expected to be an active participant in Brookings and CUE activities, including, but not limited to, regularly-organized organizational staff meetings, informal discussions, seminars, presentations, and other CUE and Brookings events.
- Applicants selected for the fellowship will receive a living stipend of USD $5,000 a month (subject to U.S. tax withholding),
- paid housing for the four-and-a-half month term, and
- round-trip travel expenses.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Application questionnaire and project proposal
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- Two writing samples with citations
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references (emailed directly from references to [email protected])
- Applications accepted as of November 7, 2014
- Application deadline: December 19, 2014, by 5pm EDT
- Selected for interviews: January, 2015
- Results Announced: April, 2015
- Term: August 1, 2015 to mid-December 2015
For More Information: