Application Deadline: November 30th 2015
The “empowering people. Award 2015” is now open for entries! The “Empowering People Award” aims to identify simple and appropriate technical innovations with business potential and make them visible and accessible to everyone.
Siemens Stiftung has initiated this worldwide innovation award to identify appropriate technical solutions for implementation in developmental activities. The combination of technological innovations, entrepreneurial approaches and capacity building is considered to be the key driver in the improvement of living conditions in emerging countries.
The aim of the “empowering people. Award” and the “empowering people. Network” is therefore to connect innovative solutions for basic supply problems in developing countries with potential partners, investors and other key players in development work.
Entries will be evaluated according to:
– Potential of project to help solve basic supply problems
– Technical feasibility with regard to resources at hand, functionality and reliability in local conditions
– (Social) Business concept regarding job creation and replicability
– Financial sustainability potential
– Environmental performance
- The Siemens Stiftung will honour the 1st prize-winner with a sum of 50,000 EUR.
- The second prize is valued at 30,000 EUR, the third at 20,000 EUR and a further 5,000 EUR will be awarded to 20 runners up.
- A Community Prize will also be awarded with a prize of hardware to the value of 5,000 Euro.
- The winners will further receive promotion on an international scale with global public relations activities ensuring wide visibility.
- They will become members of an international Network that offers essential support, valuable know-how, helpful insights and connections.
For More Information: