Imagine Cup is Microsoft’s global student technology competition that provides opportunities for students across all disciplines to team up and create applications, games and integrated solutions that can change the way we live, work and play.
Eligible student teams will once again compete with thousands of others from across the globe by developing a technology project from start to finish in the following categories:
- Games Competition
The Imagine Cup Games Competition is your opportunity to be part of the global games revolution. It’s a global contest for the best new student games and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
- Innovation Competition
The Imagine Cup Innovation Competition is here to help you take the first steps. It’s a global contest for the most original student applications, and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
- World Citizenship Competition
The Imagine Cup World Citizenship Competition is a global contest for the best new software to address social issues, and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
- Big Idea: Pitch Challenge
The Big Idea challenges are online competitions intended to help you develop your project from an idea into a reality.
- Big Idea: Plan Challenge
- Big Idea: Design Challenge
- Hello Cloud Challenge
Master cloud computing with Microsoft Azure and you could win $1,000!
Every month, one student will win in the $1,000 sweepstakes. To compete, you just complete one or more of our Hello Cloud activities. Each activity you complete gives you another chance to win!
- Imagine Cup Earth Challenge
Imagine Cup Earth is a new contest for students ages 6-18 in which you’ll use computer programming to create a game, simulation, or story inspired by the kinds of earth science that NASA and other researchers do every day. 18 winning students will win prizes totaling $36,000!
- You are at least 16 years of age as of July 31 2015 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 1 January 2015 and 31 May 2016; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
o U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 1 January 2016 and 31 July 2016; and
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Competition between 1 January 2016 and 31 July 2016.
Each World Finalist will be awarded a trip to World Finals. Trip includes round trip coach airfare from major airport closest to Finalist’s home, standard hotel accommodations, and select meals during the World Finals.
How to enter:
To participate in Imagine Cup 2016, you must first create an account at www.imaginecup.com. Once you have registered you can sign up for the competition categories you would like to compete in and start building your team.
For More Information: