Application Deadline: January 12th 2016
The 2016 Sony World Photography Awards are now open for entries.
Enter the world’s largest and one of the most respected photography awards for free today.
The Sony World Photography Awards is the world’s biggest photography competition and its aim is simple: to recognise and reward the best contemporary photography in the world.
- Free to enter, photographers of all abilities are invited to submit either their best single shots or series of work.
- The images are judged by the World Photography Organisation and a specially selected jury from the World Photographic Academy which is made up on the photographic industry’s most esteemed individuals.
- The awards have brought untold reward and recognition to those involved and each year offers an incredible $30,000 (USD) in cash prizes plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment.
- The awards offer an unparalleled opportunity for exposure for photographers at all stages of their career and are known worldwide by industry leaders.
- The annual awards gala and ceremony takes place in London, welcoming an international attendance of industry leaders to celebrate the recognition of the best in contemporary photography and each year also pays tribute to one of our masters with the Outstanding Contribution to Photography Award
The Sony World Photography Awards has five competitions:
- Professional – 15 categories, judged on a series of images, aimed at serious photographers
- Open – 10 categories, judged on a single image, open to all
- Youth – 3 categories, for photographers aged 12-19
- Student Focus – for those studying photography
The awards offer categories across all genres of photojournalism, fine art and commercial photography. The categories include: current affairs; nature & wildlife; arts & culture, portraiture; contemporary issues; sport; landscape; still life; lifestyle; architecture, and more.
Exposure and Benefits:
Exposure is given to not only the winning but also the shortlisted photographers.
Recognised photographers can receive:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book
- Potential to work with Sony on a variety of digital imaging projects
Find Out More on each of the Categories:
For More Information;