Application Deadline: November 30th 2015
In Africa, the Australian Government offers scholarships and fellowships under the Australia Awards for African nationals to undertake long term studies leading to a postgraduate degree and short term training leading to the acquisition of new skills. Long term awards include Australia Award Scholarships to undertake Masters-level studies in Australian universities.
Australia Awards Scholarships (Masters level)
Priority areas are:
- Agriculture & Food Studies
- Agricultural Productivity
- Development & International Relations
- Public Policy (including Fiscal Management, Mining and Ocean/Blue Economy)
- Mining & Energy
- Public Policy & Governance
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Psychology
- You must not be more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of your country regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) (for Nigerian candidates- visit adsafrica.com.au for country specific requirements) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
Eligible African Countries
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia
Check Out which Awards are available in your country below:
Cameroon – A November 30th 2015
Central African Republic
Congo, Republic of the
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Cote d’Ivoire – A November 30th 2015
Ethiopia – A November 30th 2015
Ghana – November 30th 2015
Mozambique – A November 30th 2015
Nigeria – A November 30th 2015
Sao Tome and Principe
For More Information: