Application Deadline: 1st September, 2017.
Call for participants to workshop on: Strengthening Food Security through Integrated
Earth Observations & Ecological Assessments of Ecosystem Services in Kenya
Under the Researcher Links scheme offered within the Newton Fund, the British Council,
together with Universities of Leicester and University of Nairobi, will be holding a workshop
on the above theme in Nairobi from Sunday 26th–Thursday 30th November, 2017. The
workshop is being coordinated by Prof Heiko Balzter, University of Leicester (UK)
and Dr Faith Karanja, University of Nairobi (Kenya), and will have contributions from other leading researchers. We are now inviting Early Career Researchers from the UK and Kenya
to apply to attend this workshop.
- Applications must be submitted using the Researcher Links application form. (find the form at the end of the document)
- Application must be submitted before the deadline.
- Participants must be Early Career Researchers: Early Career Researchers are defined as holding a PhD (or having equivalent research experience and having up to 10 years post-PhD research experience. They are equivalent to the ‘Recognised Researcher’ and sometimes ‘Experienced Researcher’ categories in the EU framework for researchers’ careers.
- Participants must have a research or academic position (a permanent post, research contract, or fellowship etc) at a recognised research institution either in the UK or in Kenya.
- We will consider up to six (six) sponsored participants from industry, government of civil society sectors.
- Please note that participants are expected to attend all sessions of the workshop.
- All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Newton Researcher Links programme.
- The application form is attached and should be sent to: [email protected], before the deadline of 1st September, 2017. In case of questions, you can contact Dr John Atibila (Workshop Organiser) on [email protected] UK coordinator : Prof Heiko Balzter, Director, Centre of Landscape & Climate Research, University of Leicester, United Kingdom Partner Country coordinator: Dr Faith Karanja, Senior Lecturer, University of Nairobi,Kenya Discipline: Environment, Agriculture and Food Sciences
- Dates and venue: 26–30 November 2017, Nairobi, Kenya.
For More Information: