What is the United Nations Public Service Awards Programme?
The United Nations Public Service Awards (UNPSA) is the most prestigious international recognition of excellence in public service.
What is its purpose?
The overall purpose of the UNPSA programme is to reward the creative achievements and contributions of public service institutions towards a more effective and responsive public administration in countries worldwide. An annual global competition that promotes the role, professionalism and visibility of public service, the programme aims to discover new innovations in governance; motivate public servants to further promote innovation; raise the image of public service; enhance trust in government; and collect and share successful practices for possible replication between and within countries.
In brief, the Awards aim to:
- Discover innovations in governance;
- Reward excellence in the public sector;
- Motivate public servants to further promote innovation;
- Enhance professionalism in the public service;
- Raise the image of public service;
- Enhance trust in government; and
- Collect and disseminate successful practices for possible replication.
What are the UNPSA categories?
The United Nations Public Service Awards is given in the following five categories:
- Preventing and combating corruption in the public service
- Improving the delivery of services
- Fostering participation in policy-making decisions through innovative mechanisms
- Promoting Whole-of-Government Approaches in the Information Age
- Promoting gender responsive delivery of public services
Check here for