Application Deadline: October 31st 2018
Dr Cecil Renaud, a well-known Durban Philanthropist, established The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust in 1988. Dr Renaud passed away on 3 June 1993 and bequeathed the residue of his estate to the Trust. Shortly after the Trust became active, the trustees established the Overseas Scholarship.
The Overseas Scholarship, granted annually to one or two students, is awarded for a maximum of two years for post-graduate study (Masters degree (or equivalent) or PhD) in the United Kingdom at a university of the student’s choice.
Since 1994, we have awarded 26 scholarships to the best and brightest young South Africans. In past years students who have been awarded the Scholarship have attended, inter alia, the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford and the University of London across a wide range of disciplines. This Scholarship is available only to students who completed their secondary schooling at any school in KwaZulu-Natal, and you must be in your final year of a postgraduate honours degree, or four year undergraduate degree.
- The scholarship is open to postgraduate students who have completed or are currently studying towards an Honours degree; or a four year undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have completed a major part of their secondary schooling in KwaZulu-Natal, and be under the age of 27 at the time of applying for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the 2019 Cecil Renaud Overseas Scholarship close on the 31st of October, 2018.
- Application forms can be downloaded here.
- If you have any questions about the scholarship or application process, feel free to contact us.
For More Information: