Application Deadline: January 20, 2018 – Film 11:59 PM EDT
The Girls Impact the World Film Festival, presented by the Harvard College Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC) and Connecther, is a film festival and scholarship program in which high school and undergraduate college students submit 3-6 minute short films that focus on a variety of global women’s issues, including maternal health, microfinance initiatives, child-marriage, sex-trafficking, poverty alleviation, etc.
Winners will receive a monetary prize and film distribution channels via Connecther. An official screening and red carpet will take place in Austin, TX in the spring of 2017. The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is an Annual Event.
- High school and undergraduate students, submit your 3-6 minute short films that address global women’s issues such as: education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls and a variety of other issues.
- Your film should be between 3 and 6 minutes long. (see FAQ for exact length requirements)
- Your film must contain the provide End Marker still image.
- Your film can be a (1) narrative, (2) documentary, (3) investigative reporting, (4) music video, (5) animation, or (6) curated film (film collage). Please see the FAQ for more details about film genres and film content.
- Your film must be created after January 1, 2016.
- Your film must be your own original work and not infringe any copyright or ownership agreements.
- You must not premiere your film before entering it on the Girls Impact the World website.
- You may only be involved with two submitted entries per year.
- Once you have submitted your video, please share and publicize it through the Girls Impact the World Gallery page. This is intended to help you further the number of facebook likes, tweets and views for the People’s Choice Grand Prize.
- At the end of your film please add a slide that shows at least 2 or more organizations that are working on solutions to the issue area that you address in your short film. You can highlight Connecther projects and/or other organizations. (optional but recommended)
All footage, video graphics/pictures, and audio (including sound bites, music, etc.) MUST be original, unless you have the express written consent of the original owner for use in your work. We will not knowingly accept a movie that contains copyrighted material.
Submit Your Film to Win Amazing Prizes and Internship Opportunities
Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: $5000
Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up: $2500
Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up: $1000
Gems’ Choice Grand Prize: $1000
People’s Choice Winner: $2500 (based on the total number of fb likes + tweets – winner will be chosen from top 10 most popular) *
Most Innovative Film or Solution prize: $1000
Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize – $2500
HONEST BEAUTY Prize – $2500
Global Impact Prize: $2,500
Stand Up Men Prize: $2,500
Girls in STEM Prize: $1,000
Let Girls Learn Prize: $1,000
*A minimum number of votes is required to be entered into the People’s Choice award category. More details soon.
*Creative Vison internship opportunities are volunteer based.
For More Information: