Application Deadline: August 1st 2021
At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology. To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration
- North America: Cost of one registration for the virtual conference listed on the North America tab.
- Europe : Up to 1,000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference)
- India : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses.
- Africa : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
- Japan & South Korea : Up to 3,000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost (will be paid after the conference). Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Studying computer science, computer engineering, or a technical field related to the conference subject.
- Have a paper accepted for presentation (oral or poster) in the main conference program at a top-tier Computer Science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas. The paper must be accepted for full publication and preferably full oral presentation. Workshop papers will not be approved for travel scholarships.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you wish to attend.
For any questions, please reach out to [email protected].
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant 2020/2021