When: August 24th– 30th, 2014
24 aspiring social entrepreneurs for peace from Africa and Europe will meet for a week long extensive International Summit
24 aspiring social entrepreneurs for peace from Africa and Europe will meet for a week long intensive International Summit to consolidate their business plans, share lessons learned, explore concepts of social entrepreneurship for peace based on practical examples from the field through study visits, and get to know their mentors. Activities will build upon and put into practice the skills and knowledge from the Regional Trainings in Berlin and Lagos and the online platform.
- Evaluate the development of participants projects from the Regional Trainings
- Connect 24 young social entrepreneurs from Europe and Africa
- Finalise social business plans for the business pitches
- Six established social entrepreneurs and business leaders from /established in
- The Netherlands will act as mentors to four aspiring social entrepreneurs each during the last two days of the summit at the Impact Hub Amsterdam.
Expert Panel: Pitching for Peace
- Each aspiring entrepreneur will have five minutes to pitch their idea to the panel expert and the top three ‘pitches’ will be rewarded with a grant of 800 euro to assist with the implementation of their business idea .
- The following three ideas will each receive 400 euros.
- The monetary prize will recognise the efforts of the young social entrepreneurs who, by this stage, would have worked for six months to develop and start to implement their social ventures in their communities.