Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications are now open for the Nigeria Media Innovation Program’s (NAMIP’s) Sustainability Challenge. Winners will be awarded up to $50,000 for their project and join NAMIP’s innovation and capacity building program that extends up till 2024.
NAMIP is implemented by Media Development Investment Fund and funded by MacArthur Foundation to accelerate digital innovation and foster new business models for independent media in Nigeria.
The Sustainability Challenge is seeking applications from media organizations focused on resolving or enhancing their “organizational sustainability” by building innovative news and information products that:
- Explore opportunities to reach and connect with broader audiences through digital platforms and technologies; and
- Develop new revenue generation opportunities or sustainable business models.
- You could be an existing independent media company, a non-profit or a new venture that is just kicking off.
- We are looking for mission-driven companies and organizations passionate about trying new approaches to local news and information.
- We encourage applicants who don’t have traditional journalism and media backgrounds, particularly from the areas of technology, design and business.
- We also encourage applicants with independent radio (both community and commercial radio) and TV platforms who are developing unique strategies to reach their audiences to apply.
- Note: participants who applied in the first call but were not successful are still eligible to apply again.
- Successful applicants will benefit from up to $50,000 for their project and have access to a range of capacity building activities, including targeted and bespoke training, one-on-one coaching, as well as joining NAMIP’s supportive community of like-minded organizations.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Nigeria Media Innovation Program’s (NAMIP’s) Sustainability Challenge 2023