28th August 2015: Apply to be a part of the Selection Committee
02nd September 2015: Submit proposals for inclusion in the Solutions Summit
The Solutions Summit is a catalytic gathering taking place on September 27th, 2015 at UN Headquarters. It marks the beginning of a longer-term grassroots effort to lift-up exceptional innovators – technologists, engineers, scientists, who are developing solutions that address one or more of the 17 sustainable development goals
The Solutions Summit is being led by the UN Foundation, Project Everyone, the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS), in collaboration with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, the Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, the Kenyan Ministry of Information Communications and Technology, (with an open invitation for other governments and collaborators to join), the Estonian Information System Authority, and with the indispensable support of global friends and colleagues. UN-NGLS is fully coordinating the selection process to curate solutions that will be featured during the inaugural Solutions Summit.
The purpose of the Solutions Summit is two-fold
1) to make visible, and lift-up exceptional innovators — technologists, engineers, scientists, and others — who are developing solutions that address one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and
2) to catalyze a grassroots effort, where communities scout and convene resources around solution-makers.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also being referred to as the Global Goals, are a set of 17 goals for global dignity, prosperity, partnership, and justice for all people and the planet. The framework will be formally launched over September 25-27th, 2015. UN Member States, civil society, and private sector contributors will use the Sustainable Development Goals to shape and guide development global efforts over the next 15 years.
- Extraordinary individuals and teams who are developing solutions that address the SDG(s)
- During the inaugural Solutions Summit on the 27th of September, a group of 17-20 global innovators will be invited to give a well-rehearsed ‘lightning talk’ outlining their breakthrough efforts to a juxtaposed audience of senior policymakers who have the means to pave solid regulatory foundations, investors who care deeply about long-term change and impact, and industry leaders who are able to deploy quickly and at scale.
- The physical gathering will serve as a catalyst for a longer-term, locally-led and globally-supported effort to activate the world’s most forward thinking technologists, scientists, and engineers and to convene the resources and talent to apply their work in addressing the Sustainable Development Goals.
- This effort is being shaped in real-time and everyone is welcome to take part.
For More Information: