Submission Deadline: 26 July 2013
For the third time, the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is holding a photography contest in the lead up to the 11th session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNCCD (COP11). The contest is organized in cooperation with the Ministry of Environment, Namibia, and ENTICO Corporation.
The application period runs from 3 June 2013 through 26 July 2013. Winners will be notified by 27 August 2013.
- The contest is open to any photographer, amateur or professional, of any country. Nationals of Namibia,may also chose to enter their photos for the specially designated national award category.
- Entrants must be over 13 years. Minors are responsible for complying with all the contest requirements.
- Each photographer may submit up to five photos plus a completed application form
- By submitting the photograph for consideration,the photographer attests that:
- Entry is an original photograph
- S/he created the image and owns full copyright to pictures submitted.
- Entrant is prepared to certify this attestation on request
- Submitted image has not been published in the pas
- Submitted image has not been submitted in past UNCCD photo contests
- S/he has obtained all necessary third‐party releases
- Submissions are in compliance with the legal and copyright laws of his/her country
- If your photo(s) is shortlisted, you will be asked to re‐submititing high resolution (300 dpi on A3 size paper). If deemed necessary, an entrant may also be requested to submit the original source files.
Submission are made by 11:59 pm CET (22:59GMT), 25 July 2013.