Application Deadline: 30 September 2015
- Are you a budding filmmaker with an interest in climate change and the environment?
- Are you passionate about cities and how they can tap their potential to tackle climate change?
- If so, keep reading for a chance to win a cash prize of 500 euro and a social reporting gig at COP21 this December.
The Transformative Actions Program (TAP) is a 10-year initiative aiming to showcase the potential of local climate action. It aims to improve cities’ and regions’ access to financing, and maximize investment in low-carbon and climate-resilient urban development and governance processes. The TAP will showcase 100 ambitious projects at the upcoming United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP21) in Paris in December 2015.
The TAP Video Contest invites you to show off your videography talent, and share your ideas on how to tap the potential for climate action.
Across the globe, people are turning the climate change challenge into an opportunity. We want to hear these stories. Your film might focus on your own actions, those of a community group or university, or perhaps the work your city or region is doing. The story is yours to tell – but here are some ideas to kick-start your brainstorming:
- Describe an initiative that focuses on combatting climate change. How could this be scaled up to have an even greater impact in your city or further afield?
- Share your ideas on a new or existing project that would convince your family, friends or colleagues to take climate action. What is it about this project that encourages the community to get on board?
- Have your say on the transformative action needed to encourage sustainable development in your hometown. If you were the mayor, what would be your first order of business?
- Your film can be in any digital video format – you can even use your smartphone!
- Choose whatever film style you wish. Perhaps you want to narrate, sketch, sing, animate, or illustrate your story… Be creative!
- Your film can be in any language, but we strongly suggest you include English subtitles and a full script.
- Your film must not have been entered in other film contests before.
How to Apply:
It’s easy! Anyone can join, as an individual or in a group. You may submit as many entries as you like. Simply follow these steps:
- Create a 15 second to 3 minute digital video about tapping the potential of transformative climate action in cities or regions.
- Upload your film on Vine, Youtube, Youku or Vimeo.
- Tag your film with #TAPPotential and share your video with your social network!
- Write an email to [email protected] to inform us of the link by 30 September 2015. Please provide us with your name and a contact telephone number.
The winner will be marked out of a total of 50 points on the following criteria:
- Content: clarity and effectiveness of the video in documenting a story about climate transformation, promoting action and/or offering new solutions. (15 points)
- Innovation, originality, and impact: telling the story in a fresh and unusual way, appealing to a broad and diverse audience and encouraging further thought and action. (15 points)
- Technical expertise: quality of camera and audio work, effectiveness of editing and strength of script. (10 points)
- Online impact: How many likes or views your video gets when published online. We want you to share and promote your video to your network! (10 points)
- First prize: 500 euro
- Second prize: 300 euro
- Third prize: 200 euro
- Winners will also be offered the opportunity to work alongside ICLEI’s Communications Team as a social reporter at the Cities and Regions Pavilion – TAP 2015 at COP21 in Paris. (Please note the prize does not grant entrance to the restricted UNFCCC Blue Zone at COP21.)
For More Information: