Submission Deadline: May 2nd 2017
WSIS is inviting you to picture how Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs ) are playing an enabling role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Participate in building a collage of ICT for Sustainable Development photographs from around the world.
Send photos of your projects, people, and organizations that are leveraging the power of ICTs to make difference.
- The Contest is open to all WSIS stakeholders older than 18 years of age at the time of entry
- All entries must be submitted in English
- Photos should neither violate the rights of a third party, nor contain offensive content
- Photos should have a capture resolution of at least 1600×1200 pixels
- Photos cannot be larger than 7MB
The Contest shall consider only those submissions that fulfil the following requirements:
- A maximum of 5 entries may be submitted by a photographer.
- To enter the contest – all entries must include the official entry form available on the WSIS Forum website.
- Photos must be submitted with a title, date shot, location, and caption (maximum 100 words).
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated in any way.
- Image files should be 7 megabytes or smaller, must be in .jpg format, and must have a capture resolution of 1600×1200 pixels.
- Photos should neither violate the rights of a third party, nor contain offensive content.
- Images must not be watermarked.
- Photos that have won awards in other photographic contests will not be considered.
- Photos that have been published earlier will not be considered.
- Photos must be sent by 23:59 Midnight (Europe Central Time) of 28 April 2017.
- The organizers have the right to exclude photos if they do not conform to the above conditions.
- The three winning entries in the WSIS photo contest will be awarded and presented at the WSIS Forum 2017 12-16 June 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- In addition the winners will be invited to join ITU’s #ICT4SDG campaign.
- A dedicated poster and other campaign materials highlighting their work will be created and shared within ITU and its stakeholders.
- Each of the three (3) winners will receive prizes: for the winning photo, and for the first two runner-up photos. The winners will receive the prizes during the WSIS Forum 2017 (12-16 June 2017)
- The three winning entries in the WSIS photo contest will be invited to participate in ITU’s #ICT4SDG campaign which highlights the many ways ICTs are contributing in addressing all the SDGs. A dedicated poster and other campaign materials highlighting their work will be created and shared within ITU and its stakeholders and the winner will have full use of all the material created.
An exhibition will be held during the WSIS Forum 2017 (12-16 June) and selected photos will be exhibited. The exhibition will continue to be displayed at ITU HQ in Geneva onwards.
For More Information: