- Location: Modderfontein,Gauteng,South Africa
- Contract type:Traineeship
- Job function: Purchasing and Supply Management
- Publication ID: ZA56324180_E1
The ABB Global Trainee Program (GTP) for Supply Chain Management is designed for recent graduates who are looking for an international career in the SCM sector. During the Global Trainee Program you will be exposed to a variety of ABB operations in different countries (cross-functional, cross-divisional) – all of which have a positive impact on the world around us.
The program comprises training in the form of hands-on working experience and “off-the-job” formal training days, making the GTP the perfect start to your career.
- The first 6 months are spent at the ABB office in your home country. Thereafter, you will have the opportunity to move to ABB’s Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland for another 6 months, where you will gain an overview of ABB’s operations and work on a more strategic level in one of our finance group functions.
- The third and fourth assignment will bring you to other countries to gain further international experience and increase your responsibility.
- After successful completion of the program, you will be offered a permanent position in one of our local units in South Africa.
Your assignments will give you an insight into the following national and global supply chain management areas:
• Compliance management
• Stakeholder management
• Requisition and purchase order processing
• Sourcing execution
• Material scheduling
• Receipt processing
• Supply data management
• Category management
• Supplier management and quality
• Performance management