Application Deadline: February 28 2015
The United Nations University is now accepting applications for 2015 postdoctoral fellowship programmes: the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships and UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The fellowship programmes provide young scientists, policymakers, and developing country scholars with the opportunity to expand their intellectual vision beyond a single field.
JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships (UNU-IAS or UNU Centre for Policy Research) are offered for a period of 24 months beginning in September 2015. UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships, which also start in September 2015, are offered for 12 months.
JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2015
Research proposals for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships should relate clearly to one of the research areas of UNU-IAS or UNU-CPR listed below, and also aim to be policy-relevant.
The following research projects at UNU-IAS and UNU-CPR are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Ecosystem Services Assessment (UNU-IAS)
- Governance for Sustainable Development (UNU-IAS)
- Water and Urban Initiative (UNU-IAS)
- Satoyama Initiative (UNU-IAS)
- Peace and Security Policies at the UN (UNU-CPR)
- Post-2015 UN Development Framework (UNU-CPR)
- Applicants must be citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan. Japanese nationals are not eligible.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (which must have been received on or after 2 April 2009), when the fellowship begins or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins.
- Applicants with at least 10 months research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Terms of the Award
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000, Overseas travel insurance coverage, etc.
- The amounts of the Awards indicated above are subject to change by JSPS.
- If the Fellow resides in Japan on or after the date his/her award letter is issued, the above-mentioned air ticket to Japan and settling-in allowance will not be provided.
- A research grant, “Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research”, of up to JPY1,500,000 per year (total of JPY3,000,000 for two years – the amount varying depending on the areas/disciplines of research) is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the host researcher through his/her institution.
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to complete the online application form.
For More Information: