Submission Deadline: 30 June 2013.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) invite the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity and social inclusion.
Recognizing youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions, PLURAL+ invites youth to address key challenges related to migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social cohesiveness, both at local and global levels. Young people up to 25 years old are invited to submit short videos of five minutes maximum in length.
A prestigious international jury will select three winners in each age categories (9-12, 13-17, and 18-25). All the winners will be invited to New York, all travel expenses paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2013 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in December 2013. Furthermore, winners will be distinguished by PLURAL+ partner awards.
[embedplusvideo height= »298″ width= »480″ standard= »http://www.youtube.com/v/PrA10LOEDjs?fs=1″ vars= »ytid=PrA10LOEDjs&width=480&height=298&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es= » id= »ep5143″ /]
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be youth between the ages of 9-25.
- The Entrant is the one person responsible for submitting the video.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration and diversity.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 9-25.
- Other people involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) might be over 25 as long as their creative role is minimal (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.)
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the eldest youth.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter the Video Festival.
- Preferably all videos should be submitted on DVDs, or through a file hosting website of choice (MediaFire, YouSendit,…)
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
PLURAL+ 2013 call for entries will close on, 30 June 2013.
The 2013 application form and rules and regulations are still available below:
Please read the rules and regulations, fill out the ENTRY FORM (.doc) (.pdf) and mail your entry following the instructions.
- All entries must include a fully completed and signed entry form, including co-signature by a parent, guardian, teacher or responsible adult if the entrant is a minor in his/her country of residence.
- If submiting a DVD, each package must contain:.
- a. The fully completed entry form
- b. The DVD of the video
- c. All DVDs must have the name of the entrant and the English title of the video printed on top of the DVD in permanent marker.
- d. Videos must be sent to:
United Nations – Alliance of Civilizations
405 Lexington ave, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10174 USA,
Phone: +1 212-457-1796
- If summiting trough a file hosting website, participants should send an email to [email protected]. In the subject line write PLURAL+ 2013 VIDEO ENTRY, and the text mail should include:
Title of the videos
Name of the authors
Address/link for download the video
- a. Participants must follow these instructions or risk their entry not being accepted.
- b. The Entry Form must also be included as an attachment to the email. Videos will not be accepted without the Entry Form completed and signed.
- PLURAL+ is not responsible for the cost of sending videos.
- PLURAL+ will not be able to return the DVDs so please keep master copy of your video in a safe place.
- PLURAL+ is not responsible for lost, late, misrouted, misappropriated, or damaged entries.
- Entrants must inform the PLURAL+ Video Festival organizers if their contact information changes at anytime between submitting their video and the announcement of the competition winner.
- The official language of the PLURAL+ Video Festival is English.
- Packages containing DVD entries must be posted by Sunday June 30, 2013.
- File hosting website must be received by the PLURAL+ Video Festival before Midnight (New York City Time GMC -5hours) on Sunday June 30, 2013.
- Entries received after this time will not be considered. Please make sure that you leave ample time for your video to arrive in New York.
Prizes & Awards
- The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- 9 to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
- The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury.
- The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000.
- Additional awards will be given by collaborating partner agencies and may include equipment or professional opportunities.See all partner awards here.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and DVD.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than October 12, 2013.
- A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media on December 2013 in New York.
- Plural + Video Festival
- Plural + Rules and Regulation
- Plural + 2013 Video Festival – Entry Form