Application Deadline: 15 April 2017
Since 1998, the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) has launched a call to photographers all over the world to document folklore phenomenon extensively and in depth. To this end, CFPA founded the Humanity Photo Awards (HPA), a biennial international photographic contest. This event is blessed with UNESCO’s support and is granted with its logo since the 2nd HPA in 2000.
For the past 18 years, photographers from 162 countries have registered and participated in HPA, who successfully have contributed the images about rich cultural phenomenon of 178 countries.
1. Entries are required to be submitted online via http://www.hpa.org.cn. Please click on “Submission”, sign up and submit photos on the entry page in accordance with relevant requirements. All information is required to be written in Chinese or English only.
2. The entrant’s name on the entry form should be the same as that on his/her valid identification/passport. Any other preferred name such as “professional name” or “pen name” will not be allowed. If entrants would like to have a preferred name on the certificate, please apply 30 days before the awards ceremony, send a formal declaration letter according to the organizers’ requirements, and pay the cost of production.
3. There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region.
4. The photos must be taken by the entrant himself/herself, otherwise the entrant will be deprived of the right to win the award in the contest.
5. Photos entered jointly by two or more than two entrants will not be accepted.
6. All entrants will be deemed to have accepted the Guidelines of HPA 2017. Any legal responsibility relating to entries, such as copyright, right of reputation and portrait, right of privacy, right of trade mark, etc. will be borne by the entrants.
7. The contest is open to everyone except the members of jury and the staff of HPA 2017 work team.
Entrants are required to submit photo stories/portfolios (8 to 14 photos for each set) according to the following categories:
Portrait & Costume
Production & Commerce
Stage 1: Call for Entries: September 16, 2016-April 15, 2017 (7 months)
Stage 2: Evaluation: April 15-June 15, 2017 (2 months)
3 rounds of evaluation-first, second and final
Stage 3: Editing: June 16-July 15, 2017 (1 month)
Photos & texts editing on winning entries, preparing for HPA related publications
Stage 4: Invitation: July 16-September 15, 2017 (2 months)
Awarding-winning photographers’ invitation for the ceremony
Stage 5: Award Ceremony: September 16, 2017
Dear participants, please plan your schedule wisely in one year’s time, according to the diagram above. Because the diagram will definitely be a memo for the work team of HPA 2017 to get things done on time.
For More Information: