Nomination Deadline: 16 July 2015.
Do you want to be part of a team representing the voice of young people in the Commonwealth?
Nominations are now open for the upcoming Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) 2015 Elections for its executive team, and will close on 16 July 2015.
The Commonwealth Youth Council is one of the largest and most diverse democratically elected youth-led organisations in the world, representing young people from across the Commonwealth in Asia, the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Americas, Africa and Europe. It’s the legitimate and official voice for young people from 53 Commonwealth countries.
To fit the general criteria for nomination, candidates:
- must be at least 15 years old at nomination, and be under 30 years for the entire term of office (November 2015-November 2017)
- must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a national and regional/international youth leader
- should be an experienced youth advocate
- must be national of a Commonwealth country, but do not need to be resident in that country.
The following positions are available and will be served for a two-year term:
- Vice Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia
- Regional Representative – Caribbean and the Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative – Special Interest Groups
The elections are transparent and democratic. After nomination and reference checks, approved candidates will begin campaigning from August 2015, leading up to the elections.
Young people will have the opportunity to choose their leadership team on Election Day, 24 November 2015 during the Commonwealth Youth Council’s General Assembly in Malta.
If you are a young person between the age 15 and 29 who would like to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum and CYC General Assembly as a participant, visit the CHOGM Youth Forum site.
Here is the list of documentation for nominations and the CYC elections:
- Click here for the nomination form, instructions and job descriptions: CYC Nomination Form and Instructions June 2015 Annex 1 FINAL
- Click here for elections details: Final CYC and ComSec Electoral Regulations 2015
If you have any questions about the CYC elections please contact us at: [email protected]
Any queries about attending the Commonwealth Youth Forum 2015 can be sent to: [email protected]
For More Information: